What is changing?
Starting November 1, 2023, Kanopy is switching from a set number of borrows per month to "tickets."
You will receive 15 tickets each calendar month. Borrowing a video in Kanopy will use between 1–5 tickets, depending on runtime and studios. Some videos will also have extended viewing periods.
How many tickets will a video use?
- Most movies: 2 tickets
- Major studio movies: 4 tickets
- Shorts (runtime of 30 mins or less): 1 ticket
- Episodic content, including the Great Courses*: varies based on total runtime
- 2 hours or less: 2 tickets
- 2–4 hours: 3 tickets
- 4–6 hours: 4 tickets
- 6+ hours: 5 tickets
- Kanopy Kids: 0 tickets
*Note: if you are an avid viewer of the Great Courses, you might want to check out a Binge Pass in hoopla. A hoopla Binge Pass gives you 7 days of unlimited access to hundreds of the most popular Great Courses. One Binge Pass uses one of your 4 hoopla checkouts per month, and doesn't use any of your Kanopy tickets.
How will I know how many tickets a video uses?
Information about the ticket cost and viewing period can be found next to the play button.
Where can I get more help?
- Contact us if you have questions or would like help getting Kanopy set up.
- Book a one-on-one technology help appointment or drop in at a Tech Troubleshooting session to get some hands-on help.
- See Kanopy's list of supported browsers and devices to learn how to access Kanopy on your device.
- Search Kanopy Help for guidance to help you get started, and for troubleshooting issues.